Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Facebook Instagram Image Map

Monday, August 31, 2015

Teacher Week - 5 Facts About Me

I am excited to participate in Teacher Week 2015! Starting off the week is.....


Here are my 5 fun facts!

1. I am now the mother of 2 beautiful children! My little girl was born in May and is absolutely the sweetest baby in the world! She sleeps through the night and is full of smiles for her mommy, daddy, and big brother. My son just adores his baby sister and showers her with love everyday!



2. I am married to a race car driver! We have been married for almost 10 years and I will say that it is a good thing I like the race track because we have spent A LOT of time there over the years! :)



3. I have spent almost every summer of my life on a small lake in Michigan. My grandparents built a cottage there when my dad was little and it has been my family's favorite hang out ever since! It is the most amazing place....relaxing and beautiful! One of the reasons I became a teacher was because I could not imagine NOT spending every summer in Michigan! :)




4. For the first time in 11 years....I am starting out the school year NOT in the classroom! I will be staying home this year with my baby girl and although it is the strangest thing to not be teaching I am loving my time at home. Last week, I even volunteered in my son's classroom which was a first time experience for me!




5. I opened my own private school for kindergarten and first grade students a few years ago. We were open for two years. It was an exciting and amazing journey and definitely a dream come true for me to create a everything from the classroom to the curriculum.....but in the long run it was a job that took me away from my family way too much. Deciding to close it was a really hard decision but it was definitely an adventure!






No comments:

Post a Comment